Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Author Interview: Sarita Singh: Angelic Beats: Smiling As Always Through Scents And Sweats

She is a post-graduate in chemistry with a post-graduate diploma in mass communications. Born and brought up in Panipat, Haryana, married to a doctor and is blessed with a son. She is a state civil services (allied) officer, taught in various institutions earlier. Reading and writing has always been a part of her as she believes books are good friends and guide. Writing gives her self-satisfaction and reading brings her closer to self-contemplation. Like many others, she too loves gossiping and enjoying with friends and family. 

Welcome, Sarita.

Your real name and pen name?

Pen name: Sarita Singh

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood:

Best memories of childhood- playing with my childhood friends & siblings. We used to play very simple innocent games like “ghar-ghar”, hide and seek, teacher teacher, and among sports badminton; no video games, no gazettes. I miss even those sibling squabbles over petty issues. And of course, these memories get sweetened by remembering the taste of food prepared by my mom.

About your education:

I am a post –graduate in chemistry with a post-graduate diploma in mass communications, two contrary sounding tastes.

What career did you plan during your education days?

I always wanted to be a doctor during my education days.

What languages you can speak and write?

English and Hindi.

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?

My Mom.

What hurts you most in this world?

Fake and selfish people.


What is the biggest challenge you have faced? How did you overcome it?

Basically, I was stage fearing & shy personality. I overcame this fear by hitting the stage again & again.

If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?

My Mom. Obviously because I am inspired by her life.

 What is your favorite genre and why?

I like all kinds of books. Every book has, of course, one or the other good things to learn about. It depends on the reader also what he or she derives out of it.


When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing?

Don’t remember exactly. I started writing my diary when I was a kid. Then I used to write small articles but kept them to myself. I too wrote poetry. The purpose of my writing is self-evolution and happiness for all. It is a way to exchange thoughts and ideas. It gives me satisfaction and sense of achievement. If my writing can inspire and motivate anyone towards life; the purpose is achieved.

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?

Angelic Beats is my first published work. Yes, I would share the synopsis.


What genres you write in and why?

Although my first published work is a romantic fiction but as such I don’t stick to any specific genre.

What keeps you motivating towards writing?

Self-satisfaction. Writing is a kind of self-talk for me. It gives me a chance to peep inside my inner self also. In a way, method of self-checking and introspection.

If Writing a Book is taken as a project, what are the key essentials you take care of in Project Management?

While working on the project from beginning to end it must give me happiness.

How do you plan, schedule and monitor your writing commitments?

I don’t make many plans. I work as and when suitable to my family and me. No rush.

What are your future plans?

I don’t think of future in too much advance. Fun should always be there in all situations.


What is generally your preference in reading – a paper book or ebook? And why?

Paperbook . I find it more impactful and the book automatically makes a relation with the reader. Books I have in my library are all dear to me.


What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?

Simple lucid language, the characters, and subject must connect with the target readers, contemporary tastes and what writer wants to convey should reach as such to the readers.

 How much real life goes into a fiction writing?

I believe there is no pure fiction. Fiction generates or gets inspired from facts or real life directly or indirectly.

Is high level of imagination important to have for an Author?

I don’t really think a high level of imagination is always needed. Sometimes all you need is scanning the characters out of your surroundings & give them just your words.


Your favorite time of the day?

Early morning, because I miss morning very much as I mostly get up late.

Your zodiac / sun sign?

Capricorn

Your favorite color and why?

White. White is always elegant and signifies peace & tranquility.

Your favorite book:

The Emperor of Maladies by Siddhartha Mukherjee

Your favorite movie and why?

There are so many. Jab we met is one.

Your favorite food?

Simple home cooked vegetarian Indian food.

What is the force that drives you?

Happiness and fun.

What comes to your mind when you think of India?

My home. My mother’s lap.

Some quickies: Sun or Moon, Laughter or Smile, Morning or Evening, Coffee or Tea, Mountain or Sea, Long Drive or Short Drive, Silence or Conversation, Water or Fire, Air or Earth, Mars or Jupiter, Tulip or Rose, Red or Blue, Left or Right, Glance or Stare, Fame or Money, Boy or Girl, Day or Night, Tree or Plant, Love or Passion

Sun, Laughter, Morning, Tea, Sea, Long Drive, Conversation, Water, Earth, Mars, Rose, Red, Right, Glance, Fame, Girl, Plant, Love.

What three words come to your mind for each – Technology, Life, God, Humanity, Terrorism, Racism, Childhood Abuse, Love, Parenting, Old age

Technology – luxury, Comfort, Time saving.
Life- Precious, Privilege, Happiness.
God-Invisible, Solace, Care.
Humanity- Sympathy, Compassion, Bonding.
Terrorism- Disease, Threat, weapons.
Racism- Shame, Inhuman, Slavery.
Childhood Abuse- Trauma, Agony, Injury.
Love- Mom, Son, Friends.
Parenting- Responsibility, Selflessness, Love.
Old Age-Care, Fragile, Grey Hair.

First thing you do in the morning after waking up?

Looking at my son’s face.

The last thing to do before sleep?

Looking at my son’s face.

If one fine morning you wake up and find your sex changed to the opposite, what will be your first reaction?

Shit! Who did this?!

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote

One smile making the way out of thousand tears is all that is needed. So cheers and chills to life and being alive.

 The last line of your autobiography would be…

 Making space for beginning of another beginning

 The title of your autobiography would be…

The Sarita Rathi: smiling as always through scents and sweats


Links & other relevant details:

ISBN-10       978-93-84226-50-3

Publisher:   Leadstart publications Mumbai

Twitter:      https://twitter.com/s_rathi_29

Facebook page:    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Angelic-Beats/566547293451913

Goodreads author page:     https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/660493.Sarita_Singh

Amazon U.S.:

Amazon India:

Any other links:    

Flipkart link:


Infibeam link:

                                                                                                                                                         






No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code