Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Guest Post: Meet Glynnis Campbell: THE WINTER STONE


A guest post by Glynnis Campbell - The Winter Stone




Meet Glynnis Campbell



Meet author of The Winter Stone - Glynnis Campbell






Short bio:


Guest Post: Meet Glynnis Campbell: THE WINTER STONE
When I’m not writing swashbuckling historical romances and playing medieval matchmaker, I’m a cartoon voice, the wife of a rock star, and the mother of two young adults. I’ve been a ballerina, a typographer, a film composer, a piano player, a singer in an all-girl rock band, and a voice in those violent video games you won’t let your kids play. I do my best writing on cruise ships, in Scottish castles, on my husband’s tour bus, and at home in my sunny southern California garden. I love transporting readers to a place where the bold heroes have endearing flaws, the women are stronger than they look, the land is lush and untamed, and chivalry is far from dead!

Visit her at Glynnis.net

Friend or Like her on Facebook

Follow her on Twitter

Share with her on Pinterest

The Winter Stone Origin Story

Put best-selling Scottish historical romance authors Tanya Anne Crosby, Laurin Wittig, and Glynnis Campbell in a room, and magic happens!

We've been friends for years. We've enjoyed each others' books. We're "writing sisters" in the authors' collective, The Jewels of Historical Romance. How much fun, we wondered, would it be to pen a novel together?

It turned out to be the adventure of a lifetime! THE WINTER STONE was begun on a quiet evening over glasses of wine--an evening spent musing, dreaming, gushing, and brainstorming, which gave birth to an idea for a story that sent chills along our spines and kept us up half the night. The more we chatted, the more we discovered threads that connected our stories, fascinating characters who could take us on the journey together, and inspirations that led us down new and wonderful paths. And the best part was we were going on this journey with friends!

One ancient legend of THE WINTER STONE--a crystal with mystical properties--connects three enchanted novellas that span the centuries and tell a timeless tale of love.

FIVE THINGS GLYNNIS MUST HAVE TO WRITE:

1. A bottomless beverage--usually black coffee--in my designated coffee mug (I buy a new one for each new novel and retire it on release day)

2. Reading glasses

3. My own computer with my bookmarked research sites

4. A room free of music with lyrics--I'm a singer, and I start singing along

5. Phone turned off

GLYNNIS’S FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT SCOTLAND:

1. The rugged and beautiful countryside

2. The hospitality of the people

3. The castles

4. The accent

5. Men in kilts

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code