Monday, December 09, 2013

Author Interview: Marcela Re Ribeiro: There Is No Why In Love

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers
Geminis are generally outwardly outspoken and quite expressive with good amount of balance of words and emotions. The air element in them keeps them alive, agile and motivated. It is not usually easy to dominate a Gemini and on top of it if it is a beautiful girl with high velocity of grey matter inside her brain! 

She is Marcela Re Riberio from Brazil with lots of Brazilian Kisses in her kitty. :) I could feel a touch of poetry and philosophy in your answers, very near to reality and closeness to life. You really have an amazing style of reading, observing, learning and drinking something called 'life'. Though all answers are interesting but the best I found was the answer to my question on four topmost things to be taken care of by a writer while writing a book.

A very warm welcome Marcela. And thanks for sparing out your time to answer my questions with great diligence. 

Your real name and pen name?

Real name: Marcela Regina Ribeiro
Pen Name: Marcela Re Ribeiro

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood

I had a wonderful childhood. I used to spend my vacation in Ribeirão Preto, the city where my parents were born, and where my relatives live. I have a beautiful picture in my memory of this time, when I played with my cousins and sister, at my grandmother’s house. There were a lot of animals and fruit trees. As I was a little and thin girl, I climbed on trees to harvest, and my parents and uncles watched me. If I fell they were there to catch me. I loved these moments, and I was lucky to be able to eat fruits from the trees, fresh and natural. Until today I can do that, because in my home I have a garden with a lot of fruit trees. It is like bringing back a little of my childhood moments to my present days.  There is another picture in my mind that I really like – all the family together and much noise!  My mother’s descendents are from Italy, and they used to speak all together and loud.  It was so funny!

What career did you plan during your education days.

I thought I would be an actress. I used to act with friends in my childhood, and in my teens I took a course in theatrical interpretation.  I always liked to read and write. If I saw a crumpled paper on the floor, before throwing it in the trash, I read it. It is a natural impulse that I always had.  But as I needed to work and make some money I gave up of my acting career, and I have a Bachelor's Degree in Communications - specialized in Journalism, with Recognition of Degree by the University of Minho/Braga – Portugal. I worked in this area for more than 20 years.

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life

Life! Feel life. I am a kind of person that likes to feel, see life. If there is a flower, my eyes will turn to it, if I listen to the bird singing, my heart is touched. During the night the aroma that comes from the orange blossom is amazing. The moon, stars, sun, wind, rain, sky, and…I mean, this is life!

What hurts you most in this world

Prejudice, in all areas.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? Were you able to overcome it? How?

Three years ago, someone criminally burned part of my property, where there were trees, banana trees and foliage. As the grass was dry, the fire spread quickly and it was coming close to a house that is used as an office. My husband began removing the grass with a hoe, to leave only the earth, so the fire could not spread, and I, with a piece of carpet, beat on the fire flames. They were very hot! I do not know how I managed to stay so long close to the flames, and inhaling the smoke. Humanly impossible! But my husband and I managed to stop the fire. So, you can ask me. Why did you not call the Fire Department? We called, but as there is not this service in our city, they took a long time to arrive. So, when the fire was controlled we called again and said that there is no need to come over.

If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?

I wish I could spend the rest of my life with the person whom I love so much, my husband. So, my husband would be this person. Why? I believe there is no need to explain “why”, when we are talking about love.

What is your favorite genre and why?

I am eclectic. I like to read everything!

What is the purpose of your writing?

Sparking emotions, thoughts, desires, is my goal; it depends on the type of writing that I am working on.

Which of your work published so far?

Before publishing my first book, I participated in some Anthologies (Portuguese Language) such as:
Antologia Poética, Prêmio Rima Rara - 2013
4ª Antologia Poética da Academia de Letras e Artes de Fortaleza - 2013;
Os Mais Belos Poemas de Amor - 2012, among others.

In March 2013 I published my first book – “Welcome to My Heart” by PublishAmerica (English Language).  - Barnes and Noble

Welcome to my Heart, begins and ends with 2 poetic forms created in Brazil - Mindim (2011) and Poetrix (1999). There is a brief explanation of how these forms are constructed. Welcome to My Heart brings a selection of beautiful poems, and awesome illustrations in black and white, created by J. P. Andrade, an artist from Rio de Janeiro. It is an invitation to turn off our mind, forget the structured patterns and travel through a Brazilian heart.

Moreover, I have my website and blogs where I have published texts (article, poem, tale, prose, etc)

My website: www.marcelareribeiro.com (Portuguese Language, but there is a translation tool, placed above the website’s title)

BLOG:  http://marcelareribeiro.blogspot.com.br  (Portuguese Language, but there is a translation tool, placed on the right side)

**BLOG: http://marcelareribeiroparamaiores.blogspot.com.br/?zx=3397dbfbab849440 (Portuguese Language, but there is a translation tool, placed on the right side)

** This Blog has erotic and sensual tales, poems, duet, etc. There is a warning that appears before someone accesses the BLOG. This warning explains that the blog may contain content only suitable for adults.

What are your forthcoming writings?

On December 10th I will release my second book – “Sexo Gostoso”, an erotic tale in pocket book format (Portuguese Language).  The launch will take place at Livraria da Vila, in São Paulo/Brazil.  This tale is about a married woman who, until scheduling a meeting with a pervert dentist, has been living a quiet and dull life. She has no idea about the fire that was hidden in the middle of her legs, and anxious to be flamed!

What are your future plans?

I am planning to release this erotic tale in English version in the USA, probably in the first semester of 2014. I have two books to finish, one is a romantic thriller, and the other one is a thriller.  I want to release a children’s book and write, write, and write. I have a website, where I publish articles, poetry, tales, etc. So, in the middle of all these projects, I am always beginning something new.  So, you maybe asking yourself:  How can Marcela write so many genres at the same time? The next question will answer this one.

What  four top most things you take care of while writing a book?

 1 – no rules, just write,
2 – no rules, just write,
3 – no rules, just write,
4 – no rules, just write.

Your dream destination on Earth?

No destination, just the desire to go…

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed.

I was born in Brazil and I live here. I have visited Argentina, Italy, Germany, Spain, Portugal, and USA.

What did you like best things you liked in these countries around the globe?

 My first trip abroad was a long time ago, when I was 19, and I went to Argentina with some friends. I spent one week and I could visit sights, taste one of the tastiest beefs in the world, saw a Tango performance, a typical dance from Argentina, went shopping, and had so much fun! My second trip abroad was to Italy, and this time I went with my husband. We spent one month there.  Our base was Verona, my husband’s cousin’s home; from there we took a train and travelled throughout Italy. It was a wonderful trip. The Evening in Rome was unforgettable! I saw an opera “Il Barbieri di Siviglia” that took place in an arena in Verona. I have the image and sounds in my mind until today.

We made some friends, and until today we keep in touch. As one of my sisters (I have three) lives in the USA, I have visited her many times, and I love the USA. My husband and I lived almost two years in Portugal. It was a great experience. I believe that the most important point is the exchange of culture and manners that you can have when you travel around the world. By the way, I love to travel. My bags are always ready to go…

Your favorite time of the day?

Sundown because I can enjoy both periods of the day at the same time.

Your zodiac/ sunsign?

Gemini

Your favorite color and why?

Orange. A long time ago I did research about this color, because when someone asked me which my favorite color was, I answered orange.  I heard, really? Why? So, I figured out that among other meanings orange is the color of communication – Eureka! That is why I like this color. Something orange is an eye-catching view for my eyes.  I think this is a “happy color”.

Your favorite book and why?

It is a hard question. I have been reading a lot of books and I loved so many. Please, allow me to talk about three of them.

“Treblinka” and “Mao – The Unknown Story”

These books are about real facts. I could feel the pain and hopelessness described in each character. Sometimes I cried and I needed to stop reading. I am an emotional person, and when I am reading a book or watching a movie, for example, I deeply sink into the story. So this type of book takes me inside the story even more because real people faced all the situations.  Moreover, I liked them because I believe it is important to know about events which represent a milestone in the world history.

“As Mentiras que os Homens Contam”

I liked this book so much that I have bought it as a gift for my friends on their birthdays. This book is hilarious and it is about the lies that men tell, starting in their childhood and continuous during their entire life.  When I was reading this book I cried from laughing! It is a great read.

Your favorite celebrity and why?

Nicolas Cage. I admire the way that he faces some of life's arbitrariness. Nicolas Cage has been receiving many negative criticisms, but he is undeterred and keeps working hard. He is an example to me. He represents to me intelligence, willpower, professionalism and focus.  I'm an admirer of his work and his fighting spirit!

Your favorite food?

Italian food.

Some quickies:

This is the hard part, choosing between two things. You should not do this to me, a Gemini! So, I read, and read, and I cannot decide. So, I will try just taking a look and making one choice…

Sun or Moon,  Moon

Laughter or Smile, Laughter

Morning or Evening, Evening

Coffee or Tea, Coffee

Mountain or Sea, Mountain

Long Drive or Short Drive, Long Drive

Silence or Conversation, Silence

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote

Best Quote:
“Nada em mim foi covarde, nem mesmo as desistências. Desistir, ainda que não pareça, foi meu grande gesto de coragem”. Caio Fernando Abreu

Some like this
Nothing in my attitudes was cowardly, even the renunciations. Giving up, though it does not sound good, was my great act of courage". Caio Fernando de Abreu


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code