Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Author Interview: Jeff McArthur: Danger is real, fear is a choice

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood

I used to make up stories with my best friend Ryan using little action figures.  We would go to each other's houses, set up a whole bunch of buildings into a sort of town and have huge adventures with them.

About your education


I went to film school at New York University.  It was always an adventure going out to various locations where we would shoot different films.

What career did you plan during your education days

I was planning to become a film writer and/or director.





What is your biggest source of inspiration in life


My basic desire to affect others through stories.





What hurts you most in this world

Slamming your finger in a door.





What is the biggest challenge you have faced? Were you able to overcome it? How?

Failure in my chosen career, which had constant rejection.  I was able to overcome it by realizing that feeling sorry for myself wasn't going to make things better.  I have to keep going, so I did, and found something better to do.





If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?


Stephen Spielberg.  See what it's like living on top of the world with that much talent.  Also, I could give myself a job. :)





What is your favorite genre and why?

Either non-fiction or science fiction.  I like what one can do with science fiction, and I often find myself reading a non-fiction book about something in which I'm interested.





What is the purpose of your writing?

To inform and entertain.





Which of your work published so far?

Pro Bono, The Table of Truth, Relic Worlds


What are your forthcoming writings?

My next book is called The Great Heist and it's about the largest bank robbery in history, which took place in Lincoln, Nebraska.  After that it will be a Relic Worlds novel.





What are your future plans?

To keep writing and releasing books.  I have five planned for next year, including three Relic Worlds books.





What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?

When it's nonfiction, I'm most concerned with accuracy.  When it's fiction, I'm most concerned with a coherent and emotional story.


Your dream destination on Earth?

I would like to do another tour of Europe.





Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed.What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?



I was born in Lincoln, Nebraska in the United States.  I circled Europe one year, (France, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands,) and I've been to Mexico and Canada, but I haven't gone a lot of other places.  I would like to.  I enjoyed the European countries the most, and it was primarily the people I liked, and their relaxed, yet curious nature.




What is your zodiac?

I think it's Aquarius, but I never pay attention to that.





What is the one thing in your life you wish had not happened?


A lot of things.  Basically, I regret a lot of wrong turns I took while trying to become a filmmaker, but then I might have taken that road rather than becoming a writer, so it probably worked out best in the end.





What is your definition of fear and how to overcome it?

I actually like the definition given in a recent movie, "Danger is real, fear is a choice."





How would you define God in your words?

It's a maybe.





What is your definition of love?


"Love knows no borders."  It's the catch line of one of my books, 'The Table of Truth'.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code