Sunday, April 28, 2013

Author Interview: E C Adams: On Her Forthcoming First Book: The Vampire Code

Where are you from?

I'm from Malta, a tiny island in the Mediterranean Sea which is part of Europe and the smallest country in the European Union.

Tell us about your family
I am married and I have three small children, two girls and a boy, and they are the center of my and my husband's universe. We try to have as much family time together as possible, and considering my husband and I both work, and work a lot, I think we're truly managing to spend a lot of quality time with the children.

What is your profession?
I am a lawyer with experience in various fields of Law, including criminal law.

How and when did you decide to get into writing?
I started writing in 2010 when I took a break in my legal career to focus on my growing family. I used to write as a kid and a teenager, but then I seemed to lose interest in it and focused on my studies, which were demanding, and later my career, which was even more demanding.

What genre attracted you most and why?
It was always fantasy and urban fantasy for me. I read a lot in these genres because they take me to magical places where everything is possible, and through them, my mind can truly let go and relax and I feel refreshed.

What are your other hobbies and interests?
Frankly I don't have many hobbies now. I used to have a lot before I had the children, but now every spare moment is dedicated to them and their education or entertainment.

Which is your favorite book and why?
My 'original' favorite is "Pride and Prejudice", because I studied it at school when I was 14 or 15 years old, and at that time, I'd found their romance swoon-worthy and dreamt that some day I might have the same sort of impossible / incredible romance.

What is your connection with India?
I traveled to India as a University student. I was your typical backpacker traveling with very little money and making that money go a long way. I was inspired by the love I saw everywhere, and the kindness people showed me.

What are your further plans?
I am currently plotting Book 2 in "The Vampire Code" trilogy and a separate stand-alone about a cryogenically frozen woman who wakes up in the future.


badge buzzoole code