Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Kavipriya Moorthy Author Interview - She Loves To Write Peppy Chick Lit


Author Interview Kavipriya Moorthy – An author, blogger and a business analyst



Kavipriya Moorthy loves to write peppy chick-lit



Chick-lit is not too popular in India. That is the reason of Kavipriya Moorthy loving this genre




Kavipriya Moorthy is an author, blogger and a business analyst by profession. Her debut “I don’t wear sunscreen” falls under a rare genre in India – “chick-lit” She is an avid reader, who gives unbiased reviews for Indian authors at her blog www.kavipriyamoorthy.wordpress.com which also lists stories penned by her. To her credit, she has organized a meet in Chennai for aspiring writers and arranged a talk by renowned publishers, editors, and authors to help them understand the process of getting published.

Kavipriya Moorthy Author Interview - She Loves To Write Peppy Chick Lit

We are interviewing Kavipriya Moorthy today. Her debut novel I don’t wear sunscreen is a big success. It is a chick-lit. Her next novel Am Her also falls under the same genre.
Your real name and pen name?
My real name is Kavipriya Moorthy, and I use the same for my published works. Since am writing Chic-lit, I have plans to use my pen name Preethi Nakshatra for my other works which might fall under a different genre. I also run a blog on my pen name where I write posts that don't fall under my primary blog’s niche – www.preethinakshatra.wordpress.com
Please share some of the best memories of your childhood
Am an introvert. I had very less friends. Most memorable would be a series of “lost and found” types at various family outings.

Kavipriya Moorthy Author Interview - She Loves To Write Peppy Chick Lit

About your education
Followed the flock and joined Engineering; it was more of a narrow choice that I made. Out of my own interest, I did an MBA-HR at Anna University as a part-time course.
What career did you plan during your education days?
I had no role model or a person to look up at, I didn’t even know the wide choices. I always zeroed on Engineering and I just did that.
What languages you can speak and write?
Tamil and English. Tamil is my mother tongue and I didn’t try to learn any other language, but ever  since I started reading, I wanted to learn new languages to at least read the classic novels available, especially Russian.
What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?
My father – I live for him and he lives for me, everything else is out of the world for us.


Kavipriya Moorthy Author Interview - She Loves To Write Peppy Chick Lit

What hurts you most in this world?
Judgments and opinions. I am not of a kind to have a strong opinion about anything, that doesn’t make me any less, though. I take up and change my thoughts if I find the arguments interesting. I get hurt when people who get to know me take advantage and judge me for what I am.
If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
Alone. Am my soulmate and I strongly believe in the same, so I would spend the day with me all alone doing things that I like.
What is your favorite genre and why?
Thrillers and Erotica. Thrillers because it is the most interesting genre which can give enough food for thought. Erotica is also my favorite because it is difficult to write one.
What are your forthcoming writings?
My second novel is another chic-lit titled “Am Her” tentatively.
How do you plan, schedule and monitor your writing commitments?
Am a clumsy writer, and I can’t stick to a schedule. There are days where I just get up in the night at around 2:00 AM and start typing.
What are your future plans?
I don’t plan life, for now, I just have plans to read more, write much better than now, and travel.
What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
·         Storyline – I definitely pick a proper storyline which has a strong message or points to think about
·         Character – At least one character of my book will be real strong
·         Language – I stick to simple and posh language.
·         Emotions – I ensure the right emotions travel as and when required
How much real life goes into a fiction writing?
My first had nothing to do with my real life, but the second has 30% of my real-life experiences. It always is, for any writer.

Kavipriya Moorthy Author Interview - She Loves To Write Peppy Chick Lit

Is a high level of imagination important to have for an Author?
Not at all. It just helps to write better and add more details.
Your dream destination on Earth?
Am selfish. World tour would do J
Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?
Origin of birth – Chennai, Tamilnadu. I have stayed in Dubai for a brief period. I love Dubai for the rich culture and the selfless kingdom rule.
Favorite time of the day? – 11:00 PM to 2:00 AM where I either read, write or chat with my friends. 
Your zodiac/ sun sign? – Cancer
Your favorite color and why? – Black and blue shades. No particular reason, though.
What is the last book you finished reading? What is the current book you are reading? – Last good read was “Burnt Paper Sky” and am currently reading “Play with me”
Your favorite book and why? – On a selfish note, my debut “I don’t wear sunscreen” J
Your favorite movie and why? – The Notebook
Your favorite celebrity and why? – None, in particular, I pick inspiration from many
Your favorite food? – Paneer tikka
Your favorite sports? - Shot-put

https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1442924700p8/14159538.jpg

What comes to your mind when you think of India? – Had a few moments when I was away, and always I feel home in here. It gives me immense pride.
Some quickies: Sun or Moon - Sun, Laughter or Smile – Laughter, Morning or Evening - Evening, Coffee or Tea - Tea, Mountain or Sea - Mountain, Long Drive or Short Drive – Short Drive, Silence or Conversation - Conversation, Water or Fire - Water, Air or Earth - Air, Mars or Jupiter - Jupiter, Tulip or Rose - Rose, Red or Blue – Blue , Left or Right - Left, Glance or Stare -Stare, Fame or Money - Fame, Boy or Girl - Boy, Day or Night - Night, Tree or Plant - Tree, Love or Passion – Love
If one fine morning you wake up and find your sex changed to the opposite, what will be your first reaction? – I will immediately plan and write a Lad-lit
State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote – When life pulls you down to negativity, it would set by then and thrust you out to shine
The last line of your autobiography would be… I mean the world to my father
The title of your autobiography would be… Moorthy’s Daughter

Links & other relevant details:
To read her blog click here.
ISBN-10: 9352061667
ISBN-13: 978-9352061662
ASIN: B016TYHT2C
Publisher: Self-published via notion press
Twitter handle: Kavipriya_M
Facebook page: click here.
Goodreads author page: click here.
Any other links: Her book on Flipkart – click here.


Let us thank Kavipriya Moorthy who loves to write chick-lit. Congratulation for the success of your debut novel I don’t wear sunscreen and all the best for your upcoming novel Am Her, that is in the same genre. She has really made chick-lit popular and peppy in India.

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can  apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code