Thursday, October 02, 2014

Author Interview: April Nichols-Baker Talks About Exposed Secrets And More

April Nichols-Baker is a Kentucky Native. Writing is her way to unleash her creative side. She has been writing for years, but finally decided to write a Novel to be published. She loves happy endings in a book, but, she also likes reading a book that she can in a strange sort of way identify with.

She is also a mother of 3 wonderful kids. Nalycia, Neil II and Nehya. She has been married for 16 years to Neil Baker. She reviews books as well writing and reading them. She hopes readers like this interview and she would like to thank Jaideep for asking her to do this. Word of mouth is the best marketing tool out there and he gave her the platform to do it. She is the Author of Exposed Secrets. A novel that is set in Kentucky and New York she hopes readers like it and she prays that more readers pick it up and give it a chance.

Your real name and pen name?   

April Nichols-Baker

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood.

My fondest memories always centered around going to my Grandaddy and Granny’s house after church on Sundays for dinner and the whole family being there. Whether it was watching T.V or just sitting around, it was the togetherness of family.

About your education? 

I graduated from high school in 1993 and went to Training school for nurse’s aide.

What career did you plan during your education days? 

Nurse (RN)

What languages you can speak and write? 

I am just and English Speaking Lady

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life? 

God. Without him I can do nothing.

What hurts you most in this world?

Ignorance, racism and lost souls.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? How did you overcome it? 

Myself. I had to learn that I have to move my mindset out of the way and allow.

If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why? 

My grandmother Ethel Gossey. I would love to see and feel the wisdom that she gave to me, along with her kids and grandkid going up.

What is your favorite genre and why? 

Romance. I love it and I’m very much a sucker for happy endings.

When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing? 

I started writing in 1989, it was a way for me to put my thoughts on paper. Beit happy or sad it is allowed me to vent, so to say.

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?  

Exposed Secrets is the name of my novel that came out July 16,2014

I am walking down a dark hallway at a random frat house right off campus. The music is loud causing my head to hurt even more. The hallway is never ending. How do I get out of here? I try door after door looking for my escape but there is none. My mind is telling me that I am in danger, somebody is following me. I can feel him breathing down my neck, but when I turn around he is gone. The voice in my head is telling me to run, but for some reason my feet will not move. I’m standing there waiting on the evil to find me. He can sense my hesitation and just like that my demon grabs me by my throat, and drags me back down that never ending hallway and into one of the bedrooms. He shuts the door and I try to scream but nothing will come out….



What are your forthcoming writings? 

It will be book 2 in the Secrets Series

What genres you write in and why? 

Romance, Fiction. Like before I am a sucker for happy endings. Lol

What keeps you motivating towards writing? 

Wanting my work out there. A sense of accomplishment for me. Knowing I set out to do something and I did not give up. I kept it going. My Dream!

How do you plan, schedule and monitor your writing commitments? 

I try to give myself at least 20 minutes every day, Even if I am dead tired I try to do that. But most of the time once I sit to take notes I just keep on writing sometimes, into the wee hours of the night.

What are your future plans? 

To keep on writing. I would love to become a full time Author.

What four top most things you take care of while writing a book? 

Making sure it flows, making sure it has no plot holes, research so that even though it is fictional it has to sound like I know what I’m talking about and last I make sure I Like it and gave it my best.

How much real life goes into a fiction writing? 

I think all fiction has a lot of everyday life in it. I would say a lot. Not from just me but from things that happen around me and maybe some friends.

Your dream destination on Earth? 

I would love to go to Israel. There is so much I would love to see. So many places I want to visit while there. I want to walk The Via Delarosa.

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe? 

I have only been in Jamaica, Mexico and The Bahamas thus far. Many states I have traveled. They are very nice places, wish to return one day. Cannot wait to visit South Africa and India one day.

Your favorite time of the day? 

Evenings. They are so relaxing. The kids settling down after school and homework and just chillin.

Your zodiac/ sunsign? 

I am a Cancer.

Your favorite color and why? 

I have always loved Dark Pink. I don’t know why I just love it.

What is the last book you finished reading? What is the current book you are reading? 

I just finished reading One Night Promised, By Jodi Ellen Malpas and I am currently reading 2 books. The Trouble with playing Cupid, By Tamara Phillips and also Turn Key Condition, by M.L Ortega

Your favorite book and why? 

I think my favorite book will be Exposed Secrets lol. Because this is my first published work. I put all I had into this book. I also had so many supporters. It is a really good book, with an awesome story line.

Your favorite movie and why? 

Ever After. I love anything that Drew Barrymore plays in and I could watch this over and over. It has my happily ever after in it!

Your favorite celebrity and why? 

I Love Denzel Washington. He can act his way out of a grave. He is just an awesome artist. As far as female. I would have to say I love Julia Roberts. She is also someone that is great with her craft.

Your favorite food? 

Lasagna, garlic bread and salad.

Your favorite sports? 

Basketball and football.

What is the force that drives you? 

My 3 Children. They make me want to be better, live better and believe in myself more.

What comes to your mind when you think of India? 

Taj Mahal, Bollywood, SRK, Dancing, the food.

Some quickies: Sun or Moon, Laughter or Smile, Morning or Evening, Coffee or Tea, Mountain or Sea, Long Drive or Short Drive, Silence or Conversation, Water or Fire, Air or Earth, Mars or Jupiter, Tulip or Rose, Red or Blue, Left or Right, Glance or Stare:  

Moon, Laughter, Evening, Coffee, Mountain, Long Drive, Conversation, Water, Air, Mars, Tulip, Blue, Right, Glance

What three words come to your mind for each – Technology, Life, God, Humanity, Terrorism, Racism, Childhood Abuse, Love, Parenting, Old age: 

The smart phone.   
Nalycia, Neil, Nehya.     
My Heavenly Father.   
I Love all.   
Cowards way out.     
God Loves All.    
Monsters and Karma.    
Jesus is Love.  
Best Job Ever.  
Full Of Wisdom.

First thing you do in the morning after waking up? 

Go and wake my kids up.

Last thing to do before sleep? 

Pray

If one fine morning you wake up and find your sex changed to opposite, what will be your first reaction?

Lord, I hope before you turn me back, I can do some research to make this gender better. Hahaha.

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote:  

Don’t bring that mess over here.   She did it with the help of God.  Because I said so, and I’m the mom.

The last line of your autobiography would be…  

She dreamed a dream, and never looked back… she kept right on soaring.

The title of your autobiography would be…  

Quitting was never an option.

Links & other relevant details:
ISBN-10: 1496925688
ISBN-13: 978-1496925688
ASIN:  B00MV75Y1K
Publisher: Author House
Twitter handle: @writing4mylife1
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorAprilsecretstrliogy?ref=hl
Goodreads author page: https://www.goodreads.com/ANicholsBaker
Amazon link: amazon.com/author/aprilnichols-baker
Any other links: http://aprilbaker1975.wix.com/april-nichols-baker


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code