Sunday, July 20, 2014

How Skyscanner Helped in Organizing An Important Interview

I had just two days to finalize my tour plan and confirm to the prospective employer that was one of the top MNCs in India and I was being called for an interview for quite a senior post. I had to travel to their various locations so as to cover three rounds of interviews. They had credited my account with a lac rupees which was the upper capping for the whole tour. First of all I had to travel to Bangalore and stay there for two days. I was quite panicky as the telephonic assistance of my current official travel desk had denied any tickets availability at such a short notice. I had no other choice than to explore the newest of the travel site launched recently that claimed to the one of the best and unique in its own kind. I was hopelessly desperate to get some help from somewhere to finalize my tour.

The site was so helpful in assisting in all kind of travel requirements one can think of. Whether it is air travel, hotel stay, bus travel or local cab booking, it is innovative enough to help you in all this. First of all I had to book a return air ticket for Bangalore for which the relevant information was available in a few clicks. A ticket for Bangalore for next day and return after 3 days from Bangalore itself. Return ticket costed me Rs. 20,558 and now the balance with me was Rs. 79,442. 




Delhi (DEL) to Bengaluru (BLR)

Mon 21 Jul - Fri 25 Jul
x 1
Change Search




Outbound
 
Mon 21 Jul
Return
 
Fri 25 Jul
Price per adult
 










A night stay was required to be booked in a hotel in Bangalore as on the same day of landing and the site was quick enough to suggest me a hotel and the price for a night's stay. With Rs. 9,553 further shelved off from my kitty of 1 lac the balance left with me was Rs. 69,889.

Hyatt Bangalore Mg Road

 X_STAR_HOTEL

Bangalore (India)In the centre of Bangalore

map
Taking your partner on a romantic getaway in India? Hyatt Bangalore MG Road is a luxury 5-star hotel and spa in central Bengaluru where you can dine in one of 2 restaurants and enjoy a fantastic location in the M. G. Road - Residency Road-area of the city, not far from Technological and Industrial Museum and Government Museum.
more
“The location is great right at MG road and the staff is extremely courteous. Their King bedroom is very spacious and comfortable while the room itself has everything that you would need while on business.” 
Dec-2013 - Easytobook
WEBSITEROOM TYPETOTAL PRICE(rooms: 1 / nights: 1)

Single room
  • Room only
₹9,578   ₹9,553

Single room
  • Room only
₹9,578   ₹9,553
 Economy class
The next day I had to travel to by car to their plant that was 80 kms away from main city and had to come back. Travel by cab costed me Rs 7,869 and now the balance with me was Rs. 62,020.
Premium/LuxuryBMW 5 Series, Jaguar XF or similar4-5 doors
₹ 7,869.00₹ 7,869.00 per day
  • Chauffeur driven
  • x 4
  •  
  • x 2
  •  
  • Aircon
  •  
  • Automatic
  • Diesel
BMW 5 Series, Jaguar XF

Show location

Next day after a short discussion with their HR, I again had to travel to their plan for a discussion with their operations head. This time I had to travel with 3 members. This time we decided to take a luxury car for the daylong tour to avoid lethargy and long travel syndrome. The luxury car cost us Rs. 25,268 and now the balance with me was around Rs. 36.5k.
Premium/LuxuryLexus Es350, Audi A4 or similar4-5 doors
Fair fuel₹ 25,267.86₹ 25,267.86 per day
  • x 5
  •  
  • x 5
  •  
  • Aircon
  •  
  • Automatic
Lexus Es350, Audi A4
  •  Breakdown assistance
  •  
  •  Unlimited mileage

Show location27.9 km

Next day morning I had to fly to their Mumbai office to meet their Finance Head and return back the same day. The cost of the return flight was coming as Rs 21,686 as I decided to travel by business class. 
Outbound
 
Thu 24 Jul
Return
 
Thu 24 Jul
Price per adult
 
  • GoAir
    Depart flight
    05:45
    BLR
    07:10
    BOM
    Direct
    1h 25
    Return flight
    14:30
    BOM
    16:10
    BLR
    Direct
    1h 40
    Total price
    Details and booking options
    Price status
    Price is livelive








Now the balance amount with me was Rs. 15,066 and 2 days and a night left. That day I had to travel to their Chennai to have a discussion with their Global Marketing Head and had to return back to hotel the same day. So I decided to take a Jet flight costing me Rs. 14,605. 
Jet Airways
Depart flight
08:25
BLR
09:30
MAA
Direct
1h 05
Operated by JetKonnect
Return flight
12:10
MAA
16:20
BLR
1 stop GOI
4h 10
Total price
Details and booking options
Price status
Price is livelive







That was a wonderful hassle free travel I had and the whole credit goes to the excellent travel site with a marvelous consolidation of facts from various sites. It also helped me to be full of energy in each of my discussions and finally made me a winner.



Best pric
This post is a part of Skyscanner travel wizard activity at BlogAdda.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code