Sunday, July 13, 2014

Author Interview: Tristesse Genevieve: From Dirt To Gold: A Journey Through Darkness To Light: Poetry

Photography is one of her most favorite forms of art, and next to writing it is one of her deepest passions.  She tries not to go through the motions of life, but rather admire and capture the beauty of it.  Writing and photographing truly fills her spirit.
Music has always been a very important art to her, though she is not a musician herself.  She needs music to survive in this world sometimes. 
Let us all welcome Tristesse!

Your real name and pen name?  

My full name is Tristesse Genevieve Carrico (Maiden name: Kulp)  My pen name is Tristesse Genevieve.  I like only using my first and middle name, because it is unique, beautiful, and poetic.
Please share some of the best memories of your childhood:  

Most of my best childhood memories were when I lived with my dad and siblings in the small country town of Bunker Hill, Illinois.  We lived across the street from a Cemetery, so here were lots of days and nights spent playing ghost in the grave yard (pretty much hide and seek), playing in the creek, and just roaming around the woods.  We would have late Saturday nights playing board games as a family, then early morning Sundays at church.  I loved when our dad would let us play in the rain, and when he would act as a werewolf and chase us around the house and yard.
About your education:  

I dropped out of High School at 16 years old.  I was not fit for school.  I could never stay focused.  In Elementary School a teacher wrote in my report card how I didn’t pay attention very well, and most of the time stared out the window daydreaming.  Around 18 years old I studied for my G.E.D., but scored low on two subjects when I took the test.  After that I realized that I didn’t need or want a piece of paper validating my life in the eyes of society.  I then wanted to prove that I could achieve my biggest goals without it.
What career did you plan during your education days?   

I was never career oriented.  I was kind of a drifter and just lived life with whatever came my way.  I knew one day I wanted to publish my own poetry book, and do something with my photography.  But that was as far as I planned.
What languages you can speak and write?  

I know a few French words and phrases, but English is my only fluent language.
What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?  

I would have to say my emotions inspire me the most.  All my writings come from my emotions.  And music would be the second biggest.   Music can strike a chord deep within, thus bringing inspiration to write what I am feeling.
What hurts you most in this world?  

Cruelty towards animals and nature, child abuse, poverty, etc.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced?  How did you overcome it?  

I could say my emotions, but honestly those are a challenge that can be overcome for few days to months, but aren’t truly forever overcome.  So really my biggest challenge that I have overcome is driving.  Haa may seem silly to some, but when everyone in school was excited about Drivers Ed I was dreading it.  I had a very big fear of driving.  At the age of 26 I had started to become a bit more comfortable with the idea of driving, and really wanted to overcome my anxiety towards it, so I finally did.  This was one of my proudest moments.
If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?  

I don’t think I would want to be anyone else but me.  My problems can be hard enough to deal with at times; I don’t think I could handle knowing what someone else thinks or does, even for a day.
What is your favorite genre and why?  

I really enjoy reading books on self-help, consciousness, and spirituality.  I love books that open your mind to new and better ways of thinking, and being. 
When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing?  

I used to like writing short stories when I was a child.  They were mostly about witches and vampires though.  I believe I was about 13 or so when I ran across a couple poems my mother had written when she was younger.  I was really impressed with them; they rhymed and had good flow.  I began writing poetry when I was 14, and it was horrible! Hahaa.  I don't think my poetry really got good until I was around 17-18 years old.  My purpose for writing is to put my feelings and ideas into a story.
Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?

From Dirt To Gold: A Journey Through Darkness To Light.  It is basically a book of my poetry written through several years of my darkest days, and love gone wrong.  Followed by poems of my passage into light and finding true love.  It’s a poetry book with a sort of story line to it. 

What are your forthcoming writings?  

A few years ago I started an outline for a children’s book.  A cute story about courage and bravery.  I am not sure when I will get around to finishing it, it is still in the works.
What are your future plans?  

I don’t know if I believe in making actual plans.  Life delivers its own surprises, and sometimes it’s what you want, don’t want, or something you hadn’t even thought of.  I know one day I would like me and my husband to be living modestly off the land in a small home, and enjoying life outside the working society, so hopefully that is what life has planned for us.
What four top most things you take care of while writing a book? 

An interesting story line and good flow are very important.
How much real life goes into a fiction writing?  

I think at least a little.
Is high level of imagination important to have for an Author?  

I think if you want the book to be interesting and intriguing then it is absolutely important.
Your dream destination on Earth?  

I would love to vacation in Bora Bora.  I once saw it on the Travel Channel, and thought it was absolutely beautiful.  But really my husband and I love nature, so anywhere with breathtaking landscapes, trails, and scenery. 
Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?  

I was born in America, and unfortunately have not been to any other country.
Your favorite time of the day?   

In the summer it would be the evenings when the temperature begins to cool off, and there is just that unexplainable feeling in the air.
Your zodiac/ sunsign?  

Libra
Your favorite color and why?  

I love earth tones.  There is just something about olive greens, browns, and all those colors that I can’t get enough of.

Your favorite book and why?  

I don’t know if I really have a favorite.  A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle will always be the one book I hold in high value.  It is the book that opened my eyes to things I had never really understood before, such as Ego.  It made me very much aware of life, and being the watcher of your emotions.

Your favorite movie and why?  

There are a few favorites, but I will go with the most meaningful, which would be The Fountain.  It basically has two story lines that flow into one another.  The first time I watched it I think I only grasped the one story line of it.  The second and third time I watched it I began to understand the movie as a whole, and it was then even more beautiful and moving.
Your favorite celebrity and why?   

I don’t really have a favorite. 
Your favorite food?  

Artichokes!!  I could eat them every day!
Some quickies:

Sun or Moon: Sun.  
Laughter or Smile: Laughter.   
Morning or Evening: Evening.   
Coffee or Tea: Neither I drink WATER! Haha.   
Mountain or Sea: Mountain.   
Long Drive or Short Drive: Long Drive.  
Silence or Conversation:  Conversation.  
Water or Fire: Water.   Air or Earth: Earth.  
Mars or Jupiter: Jupiter.  
Tulip or Rose: Rose.   
Red or Blue: Blue.  
Left or Right: Right.  
Glance or Stare: Stare.


What three words come to your mind for each – 

Technology: Complicated, Futuristic, 
Science.  Life: Strange, Unpredictable, Beautiful.  
God: Love, Light, Wisdom.   
Humanity: Selfish, Careless, Awakening.  
Terrorism: Ego, Hate, Selfish.   
Racism: Ignorance, Judgment, Unfair.  
Childhood Abuse: Unfair, Sad, Sick.  
Love: Kind, Full, True.  
Parenting: Love, Complicated, Nurturing.   
Old age: Wise, Stories to tell, Life.
State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote:  

“Calm down...Life is happening all around you.”
The last line of your autobiography would be…

In the darkness she had lived, but in the sun she was whole.


Links:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code