Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Author Interview: Abhishek Gupta: Embers of Light and The Sacred Secret

Q) Your real name and pen name?
Ans) My real name is Abhishek Gupta and my pen name is Abhi.

Q) About your education?
Ans) I have done my schooling from Hans Raj model School, Delhi. After which I did my graduation in Electronics from Delhi College of engineering. Thereafter I did my MBA from IMI Delhi

Q) What career did you plan during your education days?
Ans) I just wanted to do something very creative and also wanted to contribute something meaningful to the society. I also had great inclination towards advertising but couldn’t pursue it because of financial constraints.

Q) What languages you can speak and write?
Ans) I am comfortable in both English and Hindi.

Q) What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?
Ans) My heart is my biggest source of inspiration. It is so alive and filled with so many dreams that it keeps on motivating me to keep on going, and never let me accept the world as it is.

Q) What hurts you most in this world?
Ans) The pain of those whom I love the most and also many times my helplessness to do anything about it.

Q) What is the biggest challenge you have faced? How did you overcome it?
Ans) I wanted to do something creative but the world never encourages creativity. Also the rat race going around us has become so demanding that often we could not dare to stop and walk on the path we wish for. I also faced similar challenges. But I was able to keep the hero in me alive and found an outlet for my creativity through my fantasy trilogy, Embers of Light. 

Q) If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
Ans) I would love to live the life of Arvind Kejriwal. As I admire him for his extraordinary courageousness. I wish to enter in his mind and want to know what helps him to be so strong all the time.

Q) What is your favorite genre and why?
Ans) I like paranormal stuff the most as the normal world does not arouse me too much. I like to live in my own world filled with fairies and ghosts.

Q) When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing?
Ans) I started with poetry. But I was craving to do something much more creative. Suddenly the idea of writing this story stuck me and I am working on this project since then.
I believe every story has a purpose other than just entertainment. I wish to tell world something new. Redefine courage and the concept of God. And I am trying to do that through my story.

Q) Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?
Ans) Embers of Light and The Sacred secret is my first published work.

Synopsis: It is best when some secrets remain hidden and some stories remain untold. But is destiny too kind to let this be?
A strange Y-shaped symbol in the sky terrifies a mysterious, alien race living secretly on Earth for centuries, and changes forever the fate of five human beigns: a Brazilian street fighter, an American cop, a Chinese karate instructor, a Russian environmentalist and an Indian ad maker. Meanwhile, a geek in NYC is amazed to see his dreams grow more and more bizarre each day and meets an angel who isnt conventional in any way.
This is the story of how their destinies intertwine.
They could have heaven but they did not take it.
The demons were against them and so were the angels but that did not scare them.
Destiny had already ruled against them but they choose to rebel.
Embers of Light  is the story of five ordinary humans who choose the path of light over and above everything else ... even God.

Q) What are your forthcoming writings?
Ans) I am working on two more parts of this trilogy. Embers of Light and the Eighth Color of Rainbow, And Embers of Light and The Race to Infinity.

Q) What are your future plans?
Ans) Time will tell. No idea as of now.

Q) What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
Ans) 1) The story should be unique. You should not be inspired neith at conscious nor sub conscious level
2) The story should be properly woven with no lose thread left unattended.
3) Climax must be very powerful. It should be the best part of your book.
4) Your heart should reflect in your story.

Q) How much real life goes into a fiction writing?
Ans) As mine is a fantasy depicting three parallel universes and talking of angels, demons, fairies etc. So there is not much of reality in it. But few of the characters are inspired from real life people I know.

Q) Is high level of imagination important to have for an Author?
Ans) In my genre it is the most important thing. You need to be very imaginative as you are thinking of worlds which do not exist in real. So imagination is mandatory.

Q) Your dream destination on Earth?
Ans) I live in fantasy world. So my dream destination would not be on this planet but probably someplace beyond stars.

Q) Your favorite time of the day?
Ans) In the night. After I finish all my chores.

Q)Your favorite color and why?
Ans) Black, in my mind it symbolizes power.

Q) Your favorite book and why?
Ans) My own trilogy, Embers of Light, because I wrote something which I believe the most. And I am satisfied with my efforts.

Q) Your favorite celebrity and why?
Ans) Arvind Kejriwal, because I feel he is the most courageous and righteous person I can think off.

Q) Your favorite food?
Ans) I am big foody. There are countless items I can think of in answer to this question.

Q) Some quickies:
Sun or Moon – Sun
Laughter or Smile – Laughter
Morning or Evening- Evening
Coffee or Tea – Coffee
Mountain or Sea – Sea
Long Drive or Short Drive – Short Drive (I am an environmentalist. And until they find a renewable alternative to petrol, I would prefer as little wastage of this precious resource as possible.)
A Silence or Conversation – Conversation
Water or Fire – Fire
Air or Earth – Air
Mars or Jupiter – Jupiter
Tulip or Rose – Tulip
Red or Blue – Blue
Left or Right – Right
Glance or Stare - Stare

Q) What three words come to your mind for each – Technology, Life, God, Humanity, Terrorism, Racism, Childhood Abuse, Love, Parenting, Old age
Ans) Technology – Boon, Curse, Challenge
Life – Meaning, Journey, Destination
God – Friend, Enemy, Master
Humanity – Decreasing, Responsibility, Love
Terrorism – Insanity, Directionless, Obsession
Racism – Stupid, Stupid, Stupid
Childhood Abuse- Shame, Sin, Punishment
Love – Life, Meaning, Journey
Parenting- Responsibility, Gift, Sacrifice
Old Age – Nostalgia, Experience, Waiting


Q) State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote?
Ans) Creativity is thinking what you yourself cannot think.

Q) The last line of your autobiography would be…?

Ans) That is how he made his life meaningful. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code