Friday, April 11, 2014

Author Interview: Toni Anderson: Author of Nine Novels including The Killing Game: 2014 RITA Finalist

She is a New York Times & USA Today best-selling author of Romantic Suspense. A former marine biologist, she traveled the world with her work. After living in six different countries, she finally settled down in the Canadian prairies with her husband and two children. Combining her love of travel with her love of romantic suspense, she writes stories based in some of the places she has been fortunate enough to visit.

She donates 15% of her royalties from Edge of Survival to diabetes research--to find out why, read the book!

She is the author of nine novels including Dark Waters, Dangerous Waters, and The Killing Game (2014 RITA® Finalist). Her latest release is the first book in a new COLD JUSTICE series called A Cold Dark Place

A very warm welcome to Toni Anderson. Thanks Toni for sparing out some time for us.

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood.

I have many happy memories from my childhood, but some of my favorites are searching rock pools on the beaches of North Wales with my siblings and parents. Also learning to drive on that same beach when I could barely reach the pedals.

About your education.

I have a B.Sc. (Hon) in Marine Biology from the University of Liverpool and a Ph.D. in Biology from University of St. Andrews, Scotland.

What career did you plan during your education days?

I planned to be a research scientist which is what I did for several years. I loved the research aspect but never enjoyed the lecturing.

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?

Seeing people achieve the impossible against all the odds. I greatly admire people like Bear Grylls, who face real adversity and not only overcome their problems but soar and achieve astounding things.

What hurts you most in this world?

The violence and suffering humans inflict on one another in the name of religion. Also, the killing of rare animals for fur and body parts.


What is the biggest challenge you have faced? Were you able to overcome it? How?

I’ve been very lucky in life. I don’t think I’ve ever been truly challenged and hope I never am. That said I have worked very hard and got my Ph.D. when I was 25, was a published author before I was 40.

If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?

It would be amazing and probably terrifying to be Barack Obama for a day. Although American politics seems to take a lot longer than a day to actually achieve anything.

What is your favorite genre and why?

Romantic Suspense. I love happy endings, but I like a little more story to my romances than a simple boy meets girl story. I like fictional bullets flying and the suspense of figuring out a mystery.

What is the purpose of your writing?

To entertain readers who also like Romantic Suspense. I like to add a little something extra to my work—either introduce readers to a new setting, or maybe an environmental issue, or a problem that some fictional character has to deal with, but ultimately I want to entertain.

Which of your work published so far?

Her Sanctuary (republished Nov 6th, 2013) http://www.toniandersonauthor.com/#!her-sanctuary/c4xw

What are your forthcoming writings?

The best way to find out what’s coming next is to sign up for the newsletter (http://shawwebspace.us6.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=fd00f04415a0aa15a4040818f&id=50c3c7206d). I only send one when I have real news. One thing I hope to do before Christmas is self-publish the follow-up to HER SANCTUARY which features Marsh & Josie’s story that many people have asked about.

What are your future plans?

I’m not sure right now, but readers can connect with me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/toniannanderson or on twitter @toniannanderson. Also, check out my website... http://www.toniandersonauthor.com

Your dream destination on Earth?

In terms of places, I haven’t been? Galapagos Islands. New Zealand. Alaska. Vietnam.

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed.

I was born in England, lived in the Isle of Man, Scotland, Australia, France and now I live in Canada (I’ve lived in Ontario and Manitoba, and I’ve visited most of the provinces). I’ve visited Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Spain and lots of places in the US.

What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?

I just love to travel and soak up different cultures. There are too many things to mention.

What is your zodiac?

Taurus. :)


One thing in your life you wish had not happened?
I do wish I hadn’t let all the water out of a tank of salmon once :). All the fish survived, but I almost had a heart attack. There’s not much I’d change. I love my life and wouldn’t change the past, aside from being kinder to everyone.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code