Saturday, April 26, 2014

Author Interview: Kimanzi Constable: Are You Living or Existing: 9 Steps to Change Your Life

Kimanzi Constable is a former bread delivery guy who self-published two books that completely flopped. He then figured out this Internet thing and has now sold over 82,000 copies. His first traditionally published book came out on May 1st of 2013.

Welcome Kimanzi J

Your real name and pen name? 

They are the same: Kimanzi Constable

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood

One that sticks out was writing love letters to girls. I loved to write and I really liked girls, so I was always writing a girl a love letter or poem. Besides that, my best memories were writing by a little lake next to our house. 

About your education

I went to high school and that was good enough. I never wanted to end up owing thousands of dollars in student loan debt, so I decided to work for myself. 

What languages you can speak and write?

English and Swahili 

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life

The death of my father woke me up to how short life truly is and that I can’t waste a single minute not going after everything I want to do in life. It inspires me to take action every day. 

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? How did you overcome it?

When I put my book out there to the world and no one bought it was gut-wrenching. I wanted to quit, but I’m glad I figured out how to do this. 

What is your favorite genre and why?

Motivational books are what inspire and motivate me to truly live. 

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?

My second book is called Are You Living or Existing? 9 Steps to Change Your Life. I poured my heart into the book. It’s about the 9 steps I used to go from delivering bread and hating life to losing 155 pounds, moving to Maui, Hawaii. To become a best-selling author and international speaker. 


What are your future plans?

I write to inspire people to truly live and stop existing. I want to see millions of people embrace life!

Your dream destination on Earth?

It’s where I live now: Maui, Hawaii. 

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?

I was born in Milwaukee, WI. I’m an international speaker so I’ve been to Kenya, London, Paris, Jerusalem, Tokyo, Manilla, Sydney. I love to travel and see the new things, new food, new people and new experiences. 

Your favorite time of the day?

Early morning, I have the whole world to myself. 


Your favorite celebrity and why?

Taylor Swift, I’m a huge fan of the way she writes music. I can relate to the words because they perfectly describe my childhood. 

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote

At the end of your life you’re not going to remember all the stuff you had, you’re going to remember all of your incredible experiences. 

The last line of your autobiography would be…

I will die empty: 

Links:



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code