Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Celebrity Interview: Sanket Ghag: Author, Bollywood Art Director And Born Piscean

Sanket Ghag, born Piscean, is a happy-go-lucky guy since his childhood who never bothered about what lay ahead in the future; he lives in the own dream world. Studies being his last priority, he is a drop-out by choice in his last year of graduation from Bhavans College as he wanted to chase his film dreams. But on the persistent pressure from parents he studied Interior Design at Rachana Sansad and worked as an Interior Designer for 4 years. Since his heart was always in films, one morning he resigned his well- paying secure job as Senior Interior Designer and joined L S Raheja Film and Television to chase his dream and is now working in the Hindi Film Industry as an Assistant Art Director. Sanket loves writing and photography and wants to be a filmmaker.

Your real name and pen name?

Sanket Ghag and Filmykeeda

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood

Not exactly the best memory, but would love to share one which has left a deep impact on me, When I was in 5th Grade I was caught for stealing 5 Rs ( I don’t remember why exactly I stole 5 bucks), My parents could have beat the shit out of me , but no they dint instead they tried to make me understand that stealing is a temporary solution , But if you want to achieve anything in life you have to achieve it by the right method and hard work, So that achievement stays with you forever. I dint understand a single word of it when I was a kid, but I believed that my parents wanted good future for me and  whatever small things I have achieved or earned today is only because of them.


About your education.

My education is like Bhel Puri, I have studied Microbiology for 3 years from Bhavans college , Interior Designing for 2 years Rachana Sansad , and Film-making for 1 year Raheja College .

 When I was studying for my final year BSC graduation I  , I realized that I just studied all these years , but dint gain any knowledge and I had no liking for the subject So I gave up on my graduation . I wanted to be a filmmaker  but my parents dint approve that as it was a big risk as I had no proper education for it nor I knew anyone form that field . So on their pressure I got into interior designing which is my family business , studied for two years and worked as designer for 3 years but still that wasn’t giving me satisfaction which I craved for . So I gave up my well paying job which was now my back up plan if I failed in the film industry and started with my Film education and currently I m working in Hindi film industry as an Associate Art Director and hoping to be a Filmmaker soon.

What languages you can speak and write?

Marathi, Hindi , English and Language of love

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?

My biggest Source of inspiration is my Father Mr Sadashiv Ghag & Life around me it keeps on teaching me new things.

What hurts you most in this world?

Hypocrisy, Negligence and Carless attitude  towards our city and country, and Wastage of Water ( Which I have done a lot in my novel, The protagonist kept on taking bath in most of the chapters :D ) , Child Abuse, Violence against women , Ill-treatment towards old parents  and the list goes on and on…

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? How did you overcome it?

I don’t know how will you rate things as a challenge , but it was during my college days when I was studying microbiology , I Wasn’t interested in it and that was eating me up from inside,  Standing up for my own belief  in front my parents was a big challenge. Giving up my safe career was a Challenge for me. Giving up my secure job was a Challenge for me. Every time I faced a challenge The thought that inspired me was Life never gives a second chance, So I started taking my first Chances seriously. That’s how faced my challenges

If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?

I love to Live life of Billy Wilder he is one of the finest screenplay writer and director I have seen, His films Like “Some like it hot, Apartment  Double Indemnity” hold a great importance in my life..I have been reading his work to mould myself into it. And Phule Deshpande he is a master writer of characters .. the way he wrote fictional characters made them come alive..

What is your favorite genre and why?

Drama because the whole story mainly depend on detailed development of character dealing with emotion. When Sub plots like Infidelity, moral problem, corruption, Poverty are tossed in to the story it puts the character in conflict with themselves or others and this conflicts makes the whole story unpredictable ..

When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing?

I started writing when I was in 10th grade I use to write silly poems none of them got published . Later on when I was in a certain kind of crisis financial and mental I started writing to let out the misery. I use to write for my internal satisfaction, but when my friends started like my stories I started write to get smile on their face. 

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?

My novel has been published its called “CHAMELEONS”


Synopsis

What would happen to you, if someone you loved madly left you without giving you a reason? What would you do if your business, which is running smoothly, turns into a bumpy hell ride? And a friend, whom you looked up to, turns his back when you needed him the most? The last resort you look to is your mother, who comforts you in your crisis, but she too pushes you to the extreme.

Situations like these brings out the true inner self of a person; some change themselves to adapt to the situation like chameleons, some fight back and change the situation. Sunny is entangled in such situations.
Standing on a six inch thick parapet wall of a four-storied building, he is looking out for a solution, and life flashes back to Sunny. Will Sunny find the solution? Will he become a chameleon or will he jump off?

What are your forthcoming writings?

For now I m writing for my Film.. It’s a horror –drama

What are your future plans?

I don’t make any concrete plans , I just live life as it comes. But I have just made few commitment to myself  that I want to achieve  .. Make Film’s and Keep Writing books.

What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?

Plot – Characters – My Tea – and the book on which I write … during writing my 1st novel I lost my manuscript. I had to rethink and rewrite the  Climax..

Your dream destination on Earth?

France – Goa- Home sweet home

Your favorite time of the day?
Day time

Your zodiac/ sunsign?- Piscean

Your favorite color and why?- I like White – it gives me peace

Your favorite book and why?- Catcher in the Rye-  I find it’s the best character ridden book.

Your favorite celebrity and why?
Charlie Chaplin – Billy Wilder – Woody Allen for their Writing and Story telling

Some quickies:
Sun or Moon - Sun
Laughter or Smile - Smile
 Morning or Evening – Morning
Coffee or Tea -
Tea
 Mountain or Sea - Sea
 Long Drive or Short Drive - None
 Silence or Conversation – Conversation
 Water or Fire - Water
Air or Earth – Earth
Mars or Jupiter – Jupiter because it’s in my Kundli
 Tulip or Rose - Tulip
 Red or Blue – Can I choose White??
 Left or Right - Right
 Glance or Stare – Glance its good while flirting

What comes to your mind for each –
Technology – Dependence
Life - Smile
God – Parents
Humanity – Vanishing
Terrorism- Increasing
Racism – Uneducated
Childhood Abuse - Nightmare
Love – My Wife
Parenting – Gardening
Old age – Childhood

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote

“The only way to find yourself is by getting lost”

The last line of your autobiography would be...

And there he laid calmly on the sand, and the waves splashing on his feet, the content bright smile on his face welcoming the angles to take him away.

Links:
Facebook page


Goodreads author page


Flipkart





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code