Thursday, March 13, 2014

Author Interview: Adele Green: Can You See Me Naked: Grow in a Conscious Relationship

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers

AdelĂ© Green is a freelance online and media writer, self-help blogger and poet since she returned from Peru in 2009. She is the CEO for Life Philosophy, a personal development and relationship focussed coaching practice.  She is a speaker for feminine leadership, author and thought leader for equality for women. Adele has appeared on the radio and national TV in her work capacity and travelled to Peru (2009) and Hawaii (2010) to find herself, leaving her life behind. She is passionate about helping men and women transform and believes it can be done inside relationships.
Your real name and pen name?
My real name is Adele Robbertze and Adele Green (adelĂ© green) is my pen name. I started my writing under the name Green and recently got married.

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood
My sister and I used to perform in our own concerts for money form the age of about 10. 
I swopped my Barbie for a book when I was 10.
I can remember eating flower petals because I believed they would make me beautiful.

About your education
Yes about that. I always use to study something. The past two years I have been absorbing information through sheer reading more as people are releasing their research. I stopped studying conventional stuff many years ago. 
Initially I studied Public Relations with Communications Science and Journalism as my main subjects. I did a B.Com and MBA, but never completed it. Instead of completing my third year B.Com I chose to pursuit my career as professional corporate buyer which was very time consuming. I stopped with my MBA because of the death of my husband just before the exam. At the time he (my late husband) cautioned me  to must make memories rather than spend all my time with books. 
Later I studied more cutting edge and skill related disciplines like Neuro-linguistic Programming, Integrated Healing Kinesiology, Meta-coaching (International Neuro-semantic Institute) and Psycho-somatic & Spiritual Integration to name but a few.

What career did you plan during your education days
I registered to study Law, but Public Relations was more glamorous and exclusive. I quickly realised that it was never going make me the manager of a company. When I started working the unemployment rate was at 42%. I was grateful to obtain a secure job as a secretary. This was a far cry from what I studied, but in two years I had 7 promotions and became the youngest Buyer in the company at 23, being a women in a man’s world.

What languages you can speak and write?
Afrikaans is my first language, and then English. I studied French and Xhosa but do not speak it. I write almost exclusively in English.

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life
Beautiful things, thoughts and feelings. Someone once asked what I would buy with the last money in my pocket. I answered: “Something beautiful". He thought I was vain, as girls can be, but when I said it would be a book he was very surprised.  

What hurts you most in this world
I am a mom - nothing hurts more than when my children hurts.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? How did you overcome it?
Oh my, there are a few. Its a long list but then … The biggest challenge was not what happened to me, but rather what I did to myself that put me in harms way. I left my boys behind when I went to the States to go find myself. I left my whole life behind. I, and some other people, thought I had lost my mind. I centred myself gradually over time, as I rebuilt trust with my boys. I am always honest with them.

If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
There are two people I would like to be for a day: Madiba & Mother Theresa. 
Madiba and I connected one day at a bookstore sale where I lived. We never spoke, but he looked me right in the eye and gave me a big smile. There are no words to explain the  charisma he had and still holds over me. What I felt was truly the power of presence. 
Mother Theresa displayed so much grace, nothing was ever too much for her. Her heart was huge.

What is your favorite genre and why?
I love non-fiction. I last read fiction in school. I will read fiction if it has a spiritual undertone like Rudolfo Scarfaletto’s ‘The Alchemy of Opposites’ and soul books that touch me deeply. If the information is complex it holds my attention.

When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing?
I remember a teacher cried after he read a poem I wrote at the age of 12. But I only started writing in my diary in 1995 after moved away from my hometown. I had no friends to talk to and about a month later my husband found out about his cancer. I never stopped writing.
I write because it slows down my thoughts and focus my thinking.

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?
I have two publications:
Can You See Me Naked: Grow in a conscious relationship’ & ‘Empowered Women’ part of a NEW YORK bestseller series ThankGodI was released at the same time in 2013. 
I was a co-author in ‘Empowered Women series where women share how they overcame big obstacles. 

Can You See Me Naked is a paperback Non-fiction spiritual book for growing inside a conscious relationship. As women transform they are vulnerable and need a way to communicate their needs to the men they love.
Do you understand that your partner is your soul reflection? 
What is your primary relationship teaching you about yourself? 
What is a conscious relationship and how does it work? More importantly, how can you get it to work for you?
'Can You See Me Naked' sheds light on the lesser understood side of irrational women, as the author reaches out to men involved in relationships, to start a dialogue with the modern man. The book is written for men, from a feminine perspective, to guide them on nurturing female needs in a safe space, within a conscious relationship, by putting him in “her” position.  The purpose is to help men understand how they can assist in facilitating a transformational shift in his female partner, where she reconnects fully with her feminine essence. They can do this by participating with her in a ‘conscious relationship’. There are similar books available that focus on this concept of ‘conscious relationships’ – written by authors such as Gary Zukav and David Deida.
Conscious relationships take work, and to truly live consiously in a relationship, some kind of instructions or guidelines are of great help, especially for those men who want to know ‘what to do’. This book provides those kinds of instructions – and they are written from a female perspective, by a woman who has experienced the same kind of transformational shift in her own life.

I have just released the PDF (www.gumroad.com/l/NrqQ) and am about to release the Kindle ebook on Amazon. I also released an audio to demonstrate a conscious conversation which can be obtained at www.gumroad.com/l/sasJ for any price you want to pay.

What are your forthcoming writings?
Since I was in Peru in 2009 I started writing creatively. I wrote 15 poems flying between New York and Johannesburg. More information can be obtained about pre-releases on www.gumroad.com/nakedwithadele.
I have also been asked by the readers to produce a workbook that support the many complex concepts in ‘Can You See Me Naked.'
The publisher asked if I would publish my biography and my poetry. But I feel inspired to  write a book just for women.

What are your future plans?
My plans are to keep learning and write what is in my heart. With every small step I can change humanity’s potential to step into their highest selves. I am open to partnering for talks and appearing at workshops. I also coach 12 individuals a year on a coaching program for deep transformation which support my income until I have more books. I am also launching transformational book clubs this year.

What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
I write from my heart.
I am mindful of my state of mind as I write because this brings pure intentional energy into my work.
I like to be alone so I can hear that quiet inner voice.
I am always honest. I don’t write what people want to hear. I say what my soul guides me to share.


Your dream destination on Earth?
I would iike to live in Kauai one day.


Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?
I have always lived in South Africa. I visited Europe, North and South America and I am about to go to Egypt. But I always come back home. Kauai is a conscious place with conscious people. Life is simple and mindful.

Your favorite time of the day?
I love mornings. I have so much energy. I also love the sunshine.

Your zodiac/ sunsign?
Fiery Aries.

Your favorite color and why?
Red, but I love wearing white.

Your favorite book and why?
I am reading Dancing with the Wolves with its non-sensical fables and I get lost in the riddles. They touch my soul and then I fall asleep only to wake up with answers the next morning. I only discovered this book after I wrote mine. I can imagine what an influence it would have had on me. My editor brought me a copy one day and I discovered I already bought a book but forgot about it. Funny that.

Your favorite celebrity and why?
I love how beautiful women my age are. Maybe Nicole Kidman.

Your favorite food?
Oysters and Veuve Clicquot, but sushi in a picnic basket is awesome too.

Some quickies: Sun or Moon, Laughter or SmileMorning or Evening, Coffee or Tea, Mountain orSea, Long Drive or Short Drive, Silence or Conversation, Water or Fire, Air or Earth, Mars or Jupiter, Tulip or Rose, Red or Blue, Left or Right, Glance or Stare

What three words come to your mind for each –

Technology, - mechanical, frustration, distraction

Life, - change, blue sky, now

God, - man on earth

Humanity, - hope, evolve, pray

Terrorism, - fundamental, beliefs, anger

Racism, - misunderstood, force, talk

Childhood Abuse, - pain, love, forgiveness

Love, - recognition, gentleness, power

Parenting, - different, protection, mistakes

Old age - acceptance, humility, peace

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote
Vulnerability is powerful when we are beautiful.
The problems are the solutions, we just can’t see it.

The last line of your autobiography would be…
born and died naked, finally peaceful








website is www.adele-green.com/

A free book chapter is available here

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code