Friday, January 10, 2014

Author Interview: Michelle Congdon: Author of 2 Hit YA Series: Broken: Moonlight


About Michelle (taken from her website (http://michellecongdon.com/about/): 
Michelle Congdon resides in Sydney, Australia. She has a Dalmatian named Jett, who to this day continues to hold an 8 year grudge against her after she had to leave him with her parents when she moved to the big city— this only proves animals are much like their owners. Michelle enjoys reading books of all sorts of genres, watching way too many movies and TV shows (and Disney cartoons), singing out aloud to her favorite hits and going on adventures involving food and travel. Michelle is loud, talks a lot and shares an ever-growing list of fictional husbands with a friend. From when she was a small girl, she has always had an overactive imagination and has tried to put it to good use by sharing her stories with anyone willing to listen.

Welcome Michelle!

Your real name and pen name? 

Michelle Congdon

About your education. What career did you plan during your education days

Actually, I studied Ecology at university and it remains unfinished with one year left to go. I also did a lot of drama and art during school. I’ve always been the creative type, so it was guaranteed that I would end up acting and writing.

What languages you can speak and write? 

Only English unfortunately.

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life? 

I have a few. My Dad: he is my stepdad but he has loved me as if I was his own. He taught me to be kind to animals and follow my dreams. My Mum: she also told me to follow any path I wanted. Fellow Authors (especially Indie): their hard work and dedication is inspirational. My friends: I am lucky to have them. And lastly, people that are going through or have gone through a difficult time in their life but yet still manage to get through each day with a smile on their face. That is very inspirational.

What is your favorite genre and why? 

I read a lot of genres it’s really hard to tell what is my favourite. At the moment I’m loving New Adult.

When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing? 

To tell you the truth, I’ve only been a published author for one year. Before that I would just tell all my stories and dreams to my friends. The purpose of my writing is to share my stories but I also what people to walk away from my stories knowing they’ve learned something special. I love writing with a meaning.

What are your forthcoming writings? 

I have the rest of the Moonlight Series to publish and also the Broken series. It’s going to be a very busy year!!

Your favorite time of the day? 

At the moment night time. I get more things done.

Your zodiac/ sunsign? 

I am a Leo and I pretty much fall into all of the personality traits of one haha.

Your favorite color and why? 

Yellow. It’s such a happy and bright colour. 
Your favorite book and why? 

Eep!! I’m hopeless at choosing just one favourite of ANYTHING.

Your favorite food? 

I love almost everything and am happy to try many new things.

Some quickies:
Sun or Moon Sun
Laughter or Smile Both. 
Morning or Evening I’m an evening person.
Coffee or Tea I couldn’t live without both.
Mountain or Sea Although I love the Mountains, I am obsessed with the Sea.
Long Drive or Short Drive I used to get car sick when I was little, so short drive definitely.
Silence or Conversation Conversation of course. I talk too much.
Water or Fire Fire is warmer...
Air or Earth Both. Life couldn’t survive without either.
Mars or Jupiter Jupiter. Men are from Mars. Gross! haha, just kidding.
Tulip or Rose Lilies! Haha.
Red or Blue Red
Left or Right I’m a Lefty ;-)
Glance or Stare Depends what I’m looking at.

What three words come to your mind for each –

Technology Lost without it
Life Precious Lucky Beautiful
God Heavenly being above
Humanity Not enough people show it (oops, that’s four!)
Terrorism Needs to stop
Racism Makes me angry
Childhood Abuse Makes me sick
Love Should experience once
Parenting Not for me.

Old age Scared of it

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code