Sunday, November 24, 2013

Author Interview: Aniesha Brahma: I Write To Correct Mistakes In Real Life Or To Seek Revenge

She did her Bachelors and Masters in Comparative Literature and her passion in the subject made her pursue MPhil degree that she is undergoing currently. At 6 she discovered a reality about her love towards reading books, writing and understanding world in a deeper sense.

We welcome Aniesha Brahma here to have an interactive discussion about herself, her work and her likings & disliking. Thanks Aniesha for sparing out your time.

Your real name and pen name?

My real name is Aniesha Brahma, and my pen name was AnnieStoryTeller on fictionpress.com


Please share some of the best memories of your childhood


I grew up with a sister and a brother…so I always had someone to play with. I remember my sister telling us stories. Especially on hot sultry evenings when the current would go out, we’d sit in the living room and listen to stories…told either by my mum or my sister. Even though childhood is supposedly the best days of one’s life, for me it was my final years in school and my college days which are more precious. 


About your education


My elementary training was in Higgins, Alipore School. Then from 1996 till I passed my ISC in 2008, I was schooled in Dolna Day School.
My BA was pursued from Jadavpur University, in Comparative Literature. I went on to complete my MA in the same, from the same place.
Currently, I am pursuing my MPhil in Jadavpur University in Comparative Literature. 


What career did you plan during your education days?


I wanted to be a writer from the age of six. So all my plans were formed around that basic notion – that I’d be able to call myself a ‘writer’ one day…as for career, I’m still building it. 


What languages you can speak and write?


I can speak Bengali, English and very broken Hindi. I can read French, having done a course on it. There was a time when I could read and write Tamil – but now I’ve forgotten it, thanks to the lack of practice. 


What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?


...would just have to be my mother. She’s my rock. 


What hurts you most in this world?


When people stop believing in you and when people stop being your friend without an explanation. That really hurts. :) 


What is the biggest challenge you have faced? How did you overcome it?


Right after my book was released I ran into some very personal troubles and for a long time, was depressed. Finding my way out of that depression was the biggest challenge I’ve ever faced…what helped was, I began to realize that being alone and being lonely are two completely different things. I started enjoying my own company and here I am today, happy and so content with life. 



If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?


It would probably be Ruskin Bond…I grew up reading his stories and I think it would really interesting to see life through his eyes.



What is your favorite genre and why?


Young Adult and Romance…because these novels really help me to see the brighter side of life, they lift my spirits instantly. They restore my faith in the happily ever after… 


When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing?


I started writing from the age of six. Back then I wrote it mostly to amuse myself. These days, I write in order to correct the mistakes I did in real life or to simply seek revenge. 



Which of your work published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?


The Secret Proposal is my debut novel, published by General Press. It’s about two childhood friends – Tanveer Bhattacharya and Larissa Chakrovorty – and how the deal with the various incidents, when one puts forward a proposal the other one cannot refuse. 


What are your future plans?


I really want to have a bestseller to my name. :)


What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?


I try to make the stories sound as real as possible, I try make my characters believable and likeable. I draw inspiration from real life and if I love the story, I make it a point to write a bit of it every day.


Your dream destination on Earth?


Venice :)


Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?


I was born in Kolkata, India…and I’ve only been to Chennai, Pondicherry and Mirik and Darjeeling. While I liked Chennai, Pondicherry has a very special place in my heart – seeing my mother was a student of the Sri Aurobindo Ashram and I grew up listening to her stories.

Mirik was a really lovely place and it’s perfect for an extended weekend getaway. And Darjeeling – I don’t have the words to describe how lovely that place is. I love it more because it healed my broken heart when I visited it last year.

The only other country I’ve visited is Singapore…the place is very clean and extremely safe. 


Your favorite time of the day?


Dawn and midnight…for the same reason: it means it’s another day, and I can start everything afresh. It’s a new day filled with hope and lots of promise. 


Your zodiac/ sunsign?


Virgo. 


Your favorite color and why?


Purple…it’s a very happy color. 


Your favorite book and why?


The Room on the Roof…it was the first book I read in my adolescence and I could identify with Rusty’s crisis of identity. 


Your favorite food?


I’m not a foodie at all… 


Some quickies:


Sun or Moon - Moon
Laughter or Smile - Smile
Morning or Evening – Evening 

Coffee or Tea – Tea  

Mountain or Sea – Mountain
Long Drive or Short Drive – Depends on the company
Silence or Conversation – Depends on who I’m with
Water or Fire – Water
Air or Earth – Earth
Mars or Jupiter – Jupiter
Moon or Sun – Moon
Tulip or Rose – Rose
Red or Blue – Blue
Left or Right – Left
Glance or Stare – Glance 


State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote – 


“Never give up on the one thing you cannot go a day without thinking about.” 


The last line of your autobiography would be… - 


“…and so Aniesha lived happily ever after.”





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code