Monday, July 29, 2013

An Interview With Lucy Pireel: Author Of Red Gone Bad - Fairy Tales Or Not

Today we are interacting with Lucy Pireel who finds herself perfectly balanced when asked if she is a reader or a writer. She has started liking to see herself as a writer lately but earlier she liked to be known more as a storyteller. She does not bind herself with a single or bunch of genres. Except YA, almost all genres fall into her kitty. 
A very warm welcome to Lucy from all her readers and fans.
Please share some of the best memories of your childhood
Being outside with friends, playing, and jumping over muddy streams. I was very much a boyish girl. Baking cakes with my Nana.
About your education
I've studied Law, but would have rather studies Psychology, or Art.
What career did you plan during your education days
It was planned I would become a lawyer, but speaking in public isn't something I do well. :-)
What is your biggest source of inspiration in life
Karma, be the best person you can be, and first and foremost love yourself, acceptance of ones own self is what brings out the best in a person. Is that inspiration? I don't know it is what keeps me going and it is how I live my life.
What hurts you most in this world
People who feel if they can't have what they feel they are entitled to blame another for their perceived misfortune. People who judge without knowing what really goes on, or even worse judge without caring about another person's turmoil or motivations.
If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
Hmmm, let me think on that one. ... Done! :-) I would be me, with all my flaws and imperfections, I rather like me. Have no desire to ever be someone else and have no 'heroes'.
What is your favorite genre and why?
Well written books are my favourite genre. Why? Because even in a genre I'm not a fan of (YA and dystopian) there are books I really, really like, while in genres I'm particularly fond of, there are books which are so poorly written they should be taken off the shelves and reworked.
What is the purpose of your writing?
The purpose of my writing? Shoot, Jaideep, you do pose some pretty deep (yes, pun intended) questions. Purpose ... to get the stories that fill my head out of there? To give others the pleasure of what my imagination came up with? You know? I have never thought about that, I have never contemplated about a purpose. I write, period (or full stop).
Which of your work is published so far?
Well, there's Red Gone Bad, a collection of twisted fairy tales, Heaven's Closed, a double dip of angels and demons, unless they are ordinary people after all? Bound, an erotic, BDSM novella, a piece of flash fiction in A Quick Bite of Flesh (traditionally published), and a sci-fi dyptich wich featured as cover story on #3 of Isotropic Fiction.
What are your forthcoming writings?
In the near future I will publish another collection of short stories, this time in the line of horror, suspense, but again with a fairy tale like message to each of them. Although these aren't adaptations on existing fairy tales. 

And then there is my full length novel which is in its final stages of editing.
What are your future plans?
Future plans? Carpe Diem! I live my life like every day is a gift and cherish them all. Who knows tomorrow could be my last. Accidents happen and nothing is predictable.
What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
Plot, continuity, SPaG, fun.
Your dream destination on Earth?
Oh, eeeh ... A tropical island on which just me and a proper internet connection are. All food and drink will magically appear upon my need and clean sheets will cover my bed each and every day. The sun will shine every day and every night a mild rain will soak the earth to sustain the lush forrest which covers the inland.
Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?
I was born in Brazil and have lived in a lot of places. I loved the US and Switzerland the most. The US because of the immense space and the people and Switzerland because of the people, the mountains and their cheeses. I luvs cheese!
badge buzzoole code